Sunday, September 1, 2013

Imperial Palace 5K (November 2012)

Last November, I had the opportunity to run a 5K around the Imperial Palace in Tokyo!  It was a great experience and a beautiful race course.  I thought that it was something they did monthly, however I cannot find any information about it online.  I found out about it through a wife on base and she had her Japanese friend sign us all up.  We had a pretty good showing but I only got pictures with my friends Mrs. S. and Mrs. A.

Pre-race photo ... notice the woman stretching in the background?

And we're off ... as you can see, it was a gorgeous day!

Post run picture of the famous Nijubashi Bridge

We finished our afternoon with a stop at Starbucks before taking the train back to Ayase

We hope to do it again this year when the weather gets cooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment