Saturday, July 13, 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Part 1 (October 2012)

Last October, I traveled to Kuala Lumpur to visit J. on a port call.  Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia and home to the Petronas Twin Towers - they were the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 to 2004 and remain the tallest twin buildings in the world.  I did not know a lot about Kuala Lumpur or Malaysia so I didn't really know what to expect when I arrived.  Most of the research I did and the travel books I read, suggested that you spend a day or two in the city and then head out to one of the beach resort areas.  We did not have that option, but I wish we did!  The beach resorts look beautiful in pictures!

Packing light

Petronas Twin Towers

Spending the afternoon by the pool ...

Our view of KL from the Skybridge (170 m)

The fountain behind the towers and the water park behind that ...



J. and I on the Skybridge

Looking down at a mosque from the Observation Deck (86th floor)

I liked the advertisement on this building!

A model of the towers

KL

Sunset behind the tower

J. and I on the Observation Deck

With the other tower behind us

Our group at the Observation Deck

Close-up

One of the twin towers with the Kuala Lumpur Tower in the background ...

Nightly fountain show


Towers lit up at night

It was a fun first day!








No comments:

Post a Comment