Happy Tuesday Friends!
And Happy Thanksgiving week! I've made it to my aunt and uncle's in Houston and I'm ready to start celebrating :) And relaxing. And Christmas shopping! I love the holidays. But first, I need to participate in this week's Ten on Tuesday. The questions for this week were provided by one of my favorite bloggers, E., and are about Thanksgiving (how fitting!). To join in the fun, visit Roots and Rings to find the questions and link up!
1. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?
For the first time ever, my sister and I are visiting my aunt, uncle and cousin in Houston and spending Thanksgiving with them! I am so excited to be doing something new and also to have an extra week to spend with my family this year. My grandma is not in the best health and with the big move coming up, I am so happy for the opportunity to spend some extra time with her this year.
2. What are you most thankful for this year?
I have a lot to be thankful for this year ...
1. My amazing family (they're at the top of the list every year!)
2. My fabulous friends - both old and new :)
3. J. - he's a saint for putting up with me (but then again, I also put up with him!)
4. Miss Addy and Miss Lucy - who I would not have survived this deployment without, those little girls are hands down the best thing in my life right now :)
5. And I am SO thankful that I have almost survived my first deployment ... the past few months have had their ups and downs, but they are almost over and for that I am so thankful.
3. Do you have any traditions on Thanksgiving? The parade? Football? Long naps?
Well we used to spend every Thanksgiving at my mom's house with her side of the family, but that changed last year when I moved out west. I don't have any particular traditions, per se, but I like to put up my Christmas decorations as soon as Thanksgiving is over and I've always wanted to go out shopping at midnight or something crazy like that for Black Friday, but I don't think I could handle the crowds. Now that we live out west, I think we should start a skiing on Black Friday tradition!
4. Is it called stuffing or dressing? Is it in the bird or a separate dish?
I call it stuffing ... I don't particularly care for it, so I don't put much thought into it. I've never made a turkey, but I think I'd make the stuffing separately.
5. Do you cook?
I do, but not usually for Thanksgiving! I leave it to the pros ... you know, the one's who have been doing it every year for the past 20+ years :)
6. What is your favorite dish?
My mom makes an amazing sweet potato casserole. YUM.
7. What is your dessert preference?
Well, I love dessert, but not really Thanksgiving desserts. I am not a big pie person. I think I'd like a pumpkin cheesecake or piece of apple pie on Thanksgiving.
8. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
I think I'd have to say the last one we spent with my dad. My parents had just gotten divorced but he came to Thanksgiving and he was so thankful to be there with us that year and it ended up being our last holiday with him. Last Thanksgiving was also a good memory - we stayed out in Washington and had a big Friendsgiving. The boys fried a turkey, everyone brought their favorite Thanksgiving dish and we all drank wine and played games. It was a lot of fun!
9. Do you plan to shop on Black Friday?
Maybe online? I am not really sure. My cousin and sister aren't here yet, so we haven't discussed our itinerary yet!
10. What are you most dreading about Thanksgiving this year?
Flying back to Washington's cold and rainy weather on Sunday!