Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What we're eating this week ...

Sunday - Steaks (marinated and grilled by J.), twice baked potatoes and sweet corn fresh from the Farmer's Market!  Yum.

Monday - Chicken & Corn Chowder from About.com.  I wanted to make a soup because the weather is supposed to be cold and rainy this week and I also wanted a recipe that we could use fresh corn from the Farmer's Market ... so chowder it is!  I am also going to add some potatoes to the chowder as well.  I think that's the best part of chowder!

Tuesday - Chicken Stuffed Pockets from the Tasty Kitchen.  These caught my eye a couple of weeks ago.  My aunt makes a dish that is very similar to these and they are really good, so I thought this would be a nice variation.  I am going to serve them with a side salad.

Wednesday - Spicy Margarita Shrimp from the Tasty Kitchen.  I think these look FANTASTIC.  I am really excited to try them.  I will be serving them over plain couscous, which J. assures me tastes TERRIBLE on it's own, so I really hope there is enough sauce leftover from the marinade to flavor the couscous!  If you try this recipe ... make sure you read all the way through it first, the shrimp can only sit in the marinade for an hour!  That is something I would have definitely overlooked!

Thursday - J.'s parents will be here!  He is making us Spinach and Bacon Wrapped Scallops which we are serving with asparagus and couscous (we really like our couscous).

What are you eating this week?  Any new recipes that we MUST try?

Happy Eating!
S.E.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment